Monday 29 October 2012

Make a Face Montage

To keep with the Halloween theme we have adapted the Face Montage instructions from our Something to Make book to create little monsters.

Our Face Montage Monsters

Time it took to make: 20 minutes (but to cut out the eyes, nose' and mouths took some time!).

Cost to me: Nothing

Original Instructions

What we used:
  • Magazines
  • Scissors 
  • Glue 
  • Sheets of coloured paper
  • Black felt tip pen 

What we did: 
To start, I sat down one night with a stack of old magazines in front of the telly cutting out eyes, nose' and mouths. This was a bit of a long job. I think it would have bored Amelie so it was best to do it when she was in bed. 
Cut out features from magazines

The original instructions say to glue them all over a piece of paper to make a mixed collection of features. I thought Amelie would enjoy creating funny monster faces more. So I drew three simple monster shapes for Amelie to glue the features onto however she wanted. 


Draw simple monster shapes
We then glued the features onto the paper creating cute funny monster faces. 

Stick down the features with glue
.















When complete we cut them out and glued them into our scrape book.


I love these. Amelie had a great fun making them and they are so funny looking they do make me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment